Tanja Stamm is professor for Outcomes Research at the Medical University of Vienna and takes a keen interest in outcomes measures in general and more specifically, in the WHO Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health in rheumatology, rehabilitation and other chronic conditions. Following her completion of degrees in occupational therapy and educational science undertaken in Vienna, she completed a further postgraduate program in Business and Management, a PhD in the field of patient-reported outcomes and a doctorate degree in human biology. She has published over 120 scientific publications. Additionally, Professor Stamm was project leader on the Gender, Occupational balance and Immunology (GOBI) study from 2008 to 2013 and several other studies relating to the International Classification of Functioning Disability and Health.
Selected recent publications:
- Salhofer-Polanyi Sabine, Cetin Hakan, Leutmezer Fritz, Baumgartner Anna, Blechinger Stephan, Dal-Bianco Assunta, Altmann Patrick, Bayer-Kornek Barbara, Rommer Paulus, Guger Michael, Leitner-Bohn Doris, Reichardt Berthold, Alasti Farideh, Temsch Wilhelm, Stamm Tanja (2017). Epidemiology of Multiple Sclerosis in Austria. Neuroepidemiology, 49, 40-44 (DOI: 10.1159/000479696), accepted in July 2017
- Gabriele Gäbler, Michaela Coenen, Claudia Bolleurs, Willy Visser, Sytske Runia, Yvonne Heerkens, Tanja Stamm (2016). Toward Harmonization of the Nutrition Care Process Terminology and the ICF-Dietetics: Results of a mapping exercise and implications for nutrition and dietetics practice and research. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2016.12.002, accepted 01.12.2016
- Stamm Tanja A, Pieber Karin, Crevenna Richard, Dorner Thomas E (2016). Impairment in the activities of daily living in older adults with and without osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and chronic back pain: a secondary analysis of population-based health survey data. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders.2016, 17:139, DOI: 10.1186/s12891-016-0994-y, http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2474/17/139, accepted 21.03.2016
- Dür Mona, Steiner Günter, Stoffer Michaela Alexandra, Fialka-Moser Veronika, Kautzky-Willer Alexandra, Dejaco Clemens, Ekmekcioglu Cem, Prodinger Birgit, Binder Alexa, Smolen Josef, Stamm Tanja Alexandra (2016). Initial evidence for the link between activities and health: Associations between a balance of activities, functioning and serum levels of cytokines and C-reactive protein. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 65, 138-148, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.psyneuen.2015.12.015, accepted 15.12.2015
- Stoffer Michaela, Schoels Monika, Smolen Josef, Aletaha Daniel, Breedveld Ferdinand, Burmester Gerd, Bykerk Vivian, Dougados Maxime, Emery Paul, Haraoui Boulos, Gomez-Reino Juan, Kvien Tore, Nash Peter, Navarro-Compán Victoria, Scholte-Voshaar Marieke, van Vollenhoven Ronald, van der Heijde Desiree, Stamm Tanja (2015). Evidence for treating rheumatoid arthritis to target: Results of a systematic literature search update. Ann.Rheum.Dis., 2015 May 19., doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2015-207526, accepted 01.05.2015